Do you have a love and passion for Cosplay? Whether you are visiting us from the distant past, distant future, another planet, or another dimension come showcase your cosplay skills at the 10th annual CONtraflow COStume CONtest! Please take a moment to read the Rules and Guidelines below.
CONtraflow X Costume Contest Rules
Costume Contest registration will be available on Saturday from 10:00am until 4:00pm (one hour before the walkthrough). All contestants MUST register during this time. IMPORTANT! Please be sure to get something light to eat or drink BEFORE the Costume Contest Walkthrough so you will not feel bad during the competition.
Costume Contest categories are as follows:
- Best in Show Award
- Best Advanced (3+ awards / Best in Show)
- Best Journeyman (1 – 3 awards / Best in Show)
- Best Novice (No previous awards)
- Children’s Best in Show
Adult Division Rules:
- The Adult Division is open to ages 14 and up.
- There will be a limit of 30 slots available in the Adult Division. This includes all single and group entries.
- Walk-on time will be limited to one (1) minute. If you have a sketch you would like to perform, it must be under one (1) minute long.
- Your costume cannot be externally socketed or have any external wire or electrical hook- ups. If your costume has any excessive, flashing or strobing lights, you must inform the Costume Contest staff at the time of registration so the appropriate warnings can be issued to the audience. This is to help attempt to avoid any medical issues triggered by the lights.
- All weapons must be peacebound per CONtraflow’s rules.
- No nudity, excessive violence or sexual themes are tolerated on stage. NUDITY is not a costume. All of the preceding rules include both standard cosplay and crossplay.
- Once signed-up, you MUST attend the Costume Contest Walkthrough before the actual contest. The Walkthrough will begin at 5:00 pm in Panel Room One on Saturday, and the contest itself begins at 6:00pm. If you do not show up for the Walkthrough, you are not eligible to participate.
Children’s Division Rules:
- The Children’s Division is open to ages 13 and under. Parents must accompany their children to the walkthrough and at all times backstage.
- There will be a limit of 10 slots available in the Children’s Division. This includes all single and group entries.
- All weapons must be peace-bound per CONtraflow’s rules.
- The Children’s Division of the Costume Contest and the award are at the beginning of the event. Children and their parents/guardians may leave after the Children’s Division award is announced. The Children’s Division will feature one award, Best in Show.
- Once you have signed up, you MUST attend the Pre-Costume Contest Walkthrough. The Walkthrough begins at 5:00pm in Panel Room One on Saturday, and the contest itself begins at 6:00pm. If you do not show up for the Walkthrough, you are not eligible to participate.